Sunday, October 7, 2012

Vocabulary Sentences List 8


  1. My iPod is in a state of abeyance because I got an iPhone so an iPod isn’t quite as useful.
  2. I am ambivalent whether I should go to the football game or not because I really want to see it but I also want to study.
  3. The U.S. rushed to provide support and supplies to the beleaguered West Berlin after it had been cut off by Germany.
  4. I did a favor for Sally in exchange for a carte Blanche, in the future, a favor of my choice. 
  5. The discovery of Josh's embezzlement was the cataclysm that brought new rules and regulations.
  6. Tyler was a debauch to Sally because he was a drug dealer who led her astray.
  7. Actors try to get as much éclat as possible, and they don't care if its good or bad.
  8. One must be fastidious when conducting heart surgery.
  9. One day, I would love to gambol along the beach with my love.
  10. Every time I see his face, he imbues a nauseating feeling.
  11. University of California Riverside has an inchoate biochemistry program so I am hesitant to attend UCR for fear that it is too young and inexperienced.
  12. David letterman has been known to lampoon artists that make outrageous public stupidities.
  13. Henry is gullible and malleable sometimes. When Stacy says to wait patiently, he waits. If he is democrat, she will turn him republican.
  14. My favorite character from The Resident Evil franchise is Nemesis.
  15. When given the option to stay with the one I love or receive criticism, I will opt to stay with the one I love because this person gives me great happiness.
  16. Sometimes I feel that critics are philistine towards art because of their extreme remarks of degradation.
  17. Hancock is an example of a picaresque hero because he is dishonest and an irresponsible brute, yet he saves the day.
  18. I love horror movies but some gory movies really do make me queasy, for example Saw.
  19. My patents are an example of refractory parents because they make one decision and stick with it even if their argument is full of fallacies.
  20. Politicians must be very good at Savoir-faire and smoothly incorporating fallacies into their arguments or else people wouldn't vote for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment