Thursday, October 25, 2012

Tools That Change the Way We Think

How does extensive Internet/media/technology use change the way you think?
--I feel like I have become attached by the hip with technology. When I get an assignment and I don't remember the notes of that day, I just look up notes online because its fast and usually there are websites that describe something a different way in which I can understand. I think technology is great to have for a quick answer to info, also for reports and other data. 

Compare yourself with older people who did most of their formal learning before smart phones and 2.0 existed
--Well, I feel bad for those that didn't have the internet at their fingertips. They either had to go to a library and read mounds and mounds of library books and mostly likely only get a modicum of the information they were looking for.  I, on the other hand, can simply connect to the internet and find data in under a minute. If I do get frustrated, it might be because of slow internet or cheese-ball information that is obviously fake. Our ancestors searches may have been more reliable if they found the information they were looking for. 

Compare yourself with contemporaries who don't use those tools much today
--If I were to compare myself with contemporaries and see how much technology has affected me, I would be a kid on a crutch about to run a race and our contemporaries would be like runners that have been training for years. Definitely if our power ever magically went off completely, the world will definitely struggle to reboot. 


No comments:

Post a Comment