Monday, September 10, 2012

Vocabulary: Fall List #5 Sentences


  1. Obviously I think the best way to reinforce something is to rewrite it on paper, but so much of our modern lives are dominated by technology that using your own material has been scarce. Many people do rely on tools and that will affect the acumen of youth.
  2. Judges will adjudicate whether an accused person is guilty or not, only after careful consideration.
  3. An iPod found in the Iliad is an example of anachronism.
  4. Most people listen and believe in the apocryphal acts of those who have come before them.
  5. When metaphors always seemed grammatically incorrect to me because of the disparity between the two objects being compared.
  6. I understand why heroes dissimulate their identity with masks and false names, because people fear what they don’t understand.
  7. I learn by observing and working out problems so empirical formulas are easier for me to grasp than formulas in which you naively accept by previous scientists. I would love to observe experiments rather than accept information blindly.
  8. I love flamboyant people who are overly exuberant because the atmosphere just lights up.
  9. It really makes me angry when people are so pretentious of their peers yet they are fulsome to adults.
  10. Many Indian women were immolated as an offer to the gods. They were immolated usually by decapitation.
  11. His imperceptible gaze makes it hard for me to decipher his emotions.
  12. I personally think golf is very boring, so being a golfer’s lackey and having to endure the entire game would kill me.
  13. I am the community liaison for the club Latinos Unidos and it is my job to reach out to the community and represent my school.
  14. My favorite Pokémon is a Kanto because they are monolithic, almost as big as Godzilla.
  15. Brothers have a way with words. They know what to say and when to say it. They use mot juste for the most appropriate conversations
  16. Everyone has their own belief systems and mantras. I am a catholic but I also have a level of skepticism because my religion was created hundreds of years ago. I’m not a nihilist because I do have optimism but I am also skeptical of certain things/outcomes.
  17. In Spanish, we are reading about an orphan who grew to be a patrician because he worked and believed in his future. Have to love fate sometimes.
  18. Jin has gone to work for his wife’s’ father in order to propitiate his blessing.
  19. I was so enraged by the adult’s dogmatic beliefs that I sicced my dog on that person.
  20. I snap my fingers so that I sublimate the urge to scratch my scab.

No comments:

Post a Comment