Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Today's Socratic Seminar

"Do you have the right to your own opinion?" Do I? If I do have a right to my own opinion, why do I? What have I done to deserve this right or what do I have to do to get it? Not all questions have an answer. Even if one question is answered, more questions arise from s singular answer. The best we can do is speculate an answer and have a consensus. Opinions are diverse and you can't always convince someone your opinion is right. Today's seminar was quite interesting as Patzman commenced with his opinion. I agree with Alex and Justin that not all opinions can be changed that is why we have compromises and consensus. I have the right to say out opinion and I agree with the article on the point where I don't have to listen. I will because I'm intrigued by opposition but I won't listen to you if you have given me reason to doubt/repudiate your opinion (i.e. your logic is filled with fallacies, or you fail to provide evidence). I believe everyone has a right to an opinion but it doesn't mean I have to listen to it or that it is correct.

No comments:

Post a Comment