Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Reflections on Week 1

         As with any AP class, I am fully committed to the tasks ahead. I am aware there might be seminars in Preston's class in which I will have to leave one or more of my other classes. This is where conflict will arise as I have all AP classes, which are equally as arduous as the next. My family is supportive of my classes and is willing to give me a ride or seminars after school, at the library, etc... But if these events are daily, then that is where my parents draw the line because I live in Los Alamos and transportation daily will become a serious problem. Friends are always a help because they, like I, want to excel and are willing to group together to accomplish that.
       I am surrounded by mostly strangers at X. I am at a leadership seminar at Occidental College. It was a year ago so I don't remember much, but I do remember the feeling I got from the speaker. The liberating feeling of speaking freely whenever he asked us a question. The feeling you get when you learned something new and yet you knew it all along, yeah that feeling. The "feeling" indicated to me that I was learning something knew.
      Technology. My brother is the techno-wiz in my family so I became dependent on him to fix my computer or give me a new program. I know I will eventually adapt to technology, but it will be a bumpy road. I also have this anticipation to learn about blogger as well as other websites that I can benefit from in the future. I want to be independent and branch out online because it is the new era. Most information is online so I want to be online to see all that I can see.

No comments:

Post a Comment